Blog Archive

25 June 2017

What is real friend?



Here is a blog from a friend in Canada,  who keeps up with much of this!

 Good friends are hard to find and keep!
"She's a friend, a good friend ..."
"We've been friends forever ...?

"We've been friends forever." That hasn't been my experience.
 In fact, I think I have more friends now that ever - and I don't have that many.

Somehow, very early, I didn't learn the knack of making friendships that lasted. The connections just weren't deep enough.

One friendship goes back a long time - but only maybe a decade.

And there's another one from my late teens.

But there's no use going to a high school reunion. Nothing really to re-unite with.

I think of personal development stuff I've read, about beliefs we have and how those have a big impact on our experiences.


What do I have to say?
 I will see how things go from this point forward in my life.

There are a number of friendships - and friendships in the making - that feel stronger than just about anything I've had before.

I think too of feeling - that feeling of liking someone.

Of easy pleasure in someone's company.

I know that most from animals.

Making friends .... hmmm.


So, again, I will see how things go from this point on in my life.


In general, things feel generally warmer.


Elsa

January 8, 2013

 

More Thoughts on Friendship.
Not: What Is Friendship?
But personal thoughts on making friends -
and about friendship in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular