Blog Archive

17 May 2017

The Healing Door - part 1



When the Dominoes of Revelation Fell
** “You can’t speak Scripture once or twice and then spend the next week focused on your symptoms, the labs, the doctor’s report, etc. What you focus on is what you’ll walk in. **

Date:   2/19/2016 9:35:07 PM   ( 15 mon ) ... viewed 474 times
Healed When the Dominoes of Revelation Fell


“My dominant emotion was fear. The disease that was in my body was slowly killing me from the inside out, and there was nothing I could do about it.”


Every six months, Teresa Houghteling would have to check blood-work on each of her organs to see if they were still functioning properly. She was suffering from the deadly and incurable Sjögren’s syndrome. After living with the disease for several years, it became a part of her, something she just had to live with. After all, it wasn’t so bad, and the medication was helping.

Sure, she knew what God’s Word said about healing, but she wasn’t exactly walking with Him at the time.


However, that all changed in 2007, when Teresa had an encounter with God.

She rededicated herself to Him and began a new journey!
But things did not go the way she expected.


Teresa’s body did not immediately line up with the transformation that had taken place in her heart. Her physical symptoms worsened.


“In 2011, I was diagnosed with lupus, degenerative disk disease in my back, a bulged disk, and carpal tunnel in my right arm,” shares Teresa.


“The emotion that followed was pure confusion. I just couldn’t grasp that I would get sicker when I was walking so closely with the Lord.” The question of why began dominating many of her thoughts.


One day, lying on the doctor’s table, pondering the new diagnosis of lupus, Teresa heard this simple reply to her aching question: “Sin.”


“At the time, I thought it meant I had brought all this on myself through the sinfulness of my past,”
admits Teresa. “I thought I deserved it, and when you think you deserve something, it makes it very hard to fight against it. The truth was that God had already forgiven me of all my sins, but I hadn’t yet forgiven myself and was taking sickness as a form of punishment. There was no fight in me at that point.

I just accepted whatever came at me.”


This fight would not lay dormant in Teresa forever.

It wasn’t long before some friends gave her Andrew Wommack’s You’ve Already Got It! teaching. Then in 2012, her husband, Patrick, started his first year at Charis Bible College. Teresa enrolled a year later. “We decided to attend because the Father told us to—no doubt about it!”


Spending her days sitting under the Word of God, Teresa began to understand the importance of revelation knowledge and how one’s words are powerless without it.

One can’t live on the revelation of others, and Teresa saw that she needed a revelation of her own.

“God became real to me, and His Word became MY word."

When I read Scripture, I would put my name in it, as if I heard Him speaking to me personally.


My spirit would get stirred, and I could actually feel the Word working on the inside of me.

I realized that every word in that book was a promise to me and I could stand on it with confidence!


“I remember Andrew making the statement that one of the reasons we don’t get healed is because our physical bodies are more real to us than our spirit man. And if we can just get to where we
believe what is true in the spiritual more than what is true in the natural, then what’s true in the spiritual will become true in the physical.”


For Teresa, this transformation was well on its way, as everything she had been meditating on for the past six months culminated at Healing School, in March of 2014.


“Somebody spoke a word from the stage, and immediately, the dominoes of revelation I had received just fell. I got it. I began to speak to the diseases in my body one by one and told them
to get out. I began thanking and praising God, knowing it was done." A few minutes later, I heard the Father say to me, ‘You are healed from the top of your head to the tip of your toes, and you will walk in divine health.’ I was already convinced that I was healed, but this was a wonderful confirmation!
“On my way home, I heard Him say, ‘So, if you’re healed, doesn’t that include your thyroid gland?’ "


" I had been on medication for my thyroid since 2001, and it had just become a part of me. I didn’t even think about my thyroid when I was commanding stuff out of my body.”


Fear tried to creep back in as Teresa thought about what would happen within a few days of stopping her medication. However, Teresa determined not to allow fear to dominate her life again!


She went home and began to pray, asking for confirmation to stop her medication.


“He gently brought me to Greg Mohr’s book, The Healing Door, where it says that every prayer of faith, every step of obedience, and every confession exalting the truth above the facts is another swing of the sword of the Spirit that will eventually cut me completely free from that sickness and disease.
My ‘suddenly’ will come. God told me that this was my ‘suddenly,’ and that was the last day I took my medicine!”


Teresa’s journey brought her to a place of complete health and freedom. However, she will be the first one to tell you that it was not an overnight change.


“It was a process for me. I had emotional healing that took place before the physical healing.

I meditated on His Word day and night. I studied, I read, and I prayed. I became so focused on my relationship with God that I honestly couldn’t say when symptoms began to leave my body. What I could see in the physical had become insignificant in the light of the Word.”


Teresa exemplifies how consistency is key to receiving from God. What you do in the everyday will determine the outcome of your life. “You can’t speak Scripture once or twice and then spend the next week focused on your symptoms, the labs, the doctor’s report, etc. What you focus on is what you’ll walk in.


“I know how I got healed, and I got healed by the Word of God. I know that no matter what comes my way, His Word is true, and no one will ever be able to take that away from me.”


Amen - it can happen to you!

*** 

The Word of God is True; if you will read the Bible and take it for the Eternal truth that it is -
 You will have the truth laid out before you! Then you will either come to accept the whole truth of the Scriptures and have a great building of your Faith or else continue in the fallen state of your life as it has been! 
Prayer can lead and guide you, if you are sincere and truthful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular