Blog Archive

04 December 2017

The truth isn’t always welcome


The truth isn’t always welcome


Life For Today Study Bible Notes

 Galatians 4:14-20 (NASB)
14  and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise or loathe, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus Himself.
15  Where then is that sense of blessing you had? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me.
16  So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?
17  They eagerly seek you, not commendably, but they wish to shut you out so that you will seek them.
18  But it is good always to be eagerly sought in a commendable manner, and not only when I am present with you.
19  My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you—
20  but I could wish to be present with you now and to change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

Note 9 at Galatians 4:16: Here, Paul was saying,
 “Does telling you the truth offend you and make me your enemy?”

 The truth isn’t always welcome, but it truly is love to tell others the truth regardless of whether they welcome it or not (Leviticus 19:17).
**  Love Your Neighbor
16'You shall not go about as a slanderer among your people, and you are not to act against the life of your neighbor; I am the LORD. 

17You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 
  18'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.…

   *** If a bridge had washed out on a dark, rainy night, would it be love to flag down other drivers and stop them from driving to their deaths? 
Sure, it would. At first, though, some of those drivers might not welcome your attempts to stop them. They might think you were trying to harm or rob them. But if you truly loved others more than yourself, you would stop them regardless of what they thought.

Likewise, those who don’t know the Lord may misinterpret our attempts to share the Gospel with them, but if we truly love others more than ourselves, we will persist despite their objections. 
 {The Truth will prevail over all falsehoods and lies! - added by blogger}

Andrew Wommack's Living Commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular