Blog Archive

19 December 2017

#ActualThingsPeopleSay



** Warning: this post has some serious sass and could come across as pessimistic, but honestly I'm just sharing it to bring awareness.**

Things not to say to someone with food allergies and/or sensitivities:

1. Omg I would have to kill myself if I couldn't eat those things! How do you do it?
(Do you even hear yourself?
Guess what, if I DON'T avoid these foods it could kill me...
 So can you not suggest suicide as an alternative option to saying "no" to a type of food.)

2. But this is SO good!
 (Really? I would have never guessed... Too bad I can't enjoy it like you can.)
 

3. I wish I had food allergies so I could eat healthy like you. (So you wish you had a horrible reaction to food that could send you to the hospital and possibly kill you just because you have a hard time with self-control?)  ** What a stupid thing to consider!
 

4. Can't you have just a little bit? 
A little bit shouldn't hurt. (Only true with *some* intolerance - not allergy!)
 

5. Don't you think it's kind of just in your head? 
(Right... Because this lifestyle is fun, and I choose to be like this...??)
 

6. Oh that must be why you're so skinny! Lucky!!!
 (Luck? Again... This isn't something I'd wish on anyone... And me being skinny has to do with a lot of things. Genetics. Active lifestyle. Working out. Eating healthy.)

** Actually thin people tend to not over eat, or get carried away with everything that is placed before them.  It takes self will and some reasonable considerations to not just splurge and eat or jump into everything that comes along!  Conservation and judgment really count when it comes to living a balanced and controlled life!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular