Blog Archive

22 January 2017

Trump's Inaguration - Happy or not

Elsa elsa@worldtruthsummit.com;

Conversation opened. 1 unread message
 3 of 3,510 posts
 I'm writing to you because last week's send out got loads of comments. I wrote about a big eureka I had, on the utter disconnect between the message on population from a few decades ago and now. That send out clearly touched a nerve.

Then, in the intervening week, the US inaugurated a new president. 

I have one comment - on the utter difference between the tone of the inauguration, and the tone of the protests.

I also have a question:
 what does it mean, to non-Americans, to keep hearing, "Make America great again"? 

{ Do not get hung up on the phrase; it is a rally call! not an attack on foreigners}

I was going to end with that question. But then, yesterday, into my inbox came a comment on the anti-Trump Women's Marches around the world. I had barely read the first lines when I knew: I want to share this.

Plus, today I was sent something from Sultan Knish and I again I knew: I want to share this. It's something that, if ever we forget it, we need to relearn: most humans need to see ourselves as good. A powerful tool: to refuse to accept evil as good.

There's even one more thing: an email I sent yesterday, to the person who has what is probably the biggest personal growth site on the planet. He wants to start integrating more content on "responsible stewardship of our shared planet." He was clearly concerned about Trump's taking down the pages on climate change from the White House website. We all know the mainstream position, backed by Obama - global warming is CO2-caused and must be stopped. This person clearly agrees with that position. Anyway, I wrote to him.

There is a connection between all these things: GOOD THINKING, something utterly vital.


In case you missed it, here are my thoughts on the panic, a few decades ago, on the population explosion bomb, in contrast to the current doom and gloom panic about the low birth rate in the West:
http://elsasblog.com/170115-population-explosion-eureka.html

And here are the many comments - agreeing, disagreeing, adding, debating:
http://elsasblog.com/170115-population-explosion-eureka.html#comments


Next, the stark contrast between the anti-Trump protests and Trump's inauguration.

The protests. Considerable violence, destruction, looting. Shop windows smashed. Signs like:

 "No borders, no law and order." A denunciation of capitalism. A denunciation of the United States, in signs reading, "America was never great," and in flag burning.
 (Note: I'm not against flag burning - just think of the ISIS flag, for instance. I'm just noting the anti-American tenor of the protests.)
{ yes certain people tend to not think and follow just any thing presented as bad to them - as evil and thus go on a rampage  (lawless behavior) to make whatever they were told right??} 

The inauguration. Words like: 
We will turn things around, make America great again. Jobs. Strong borders. Law and order. Safety everywhere, including in the inner cities. The images as well are utterly different from those of the protests. Orderly people congregating en masse to hear Trump's first speech as president.
 Pride, patriotism. 

Listening to Trump's inauguration speech, I came to a question: what does it mean, to people in countries other than the United States, to hear the slogan, "Make America Great Again."
{parenthesis by blog poster}**
My response: Your greatness does not take away from mine - unless you're draining me or vilifying me. Likewise, my greatness does not take from yours - again, unless I'm draining you or vilifying you. There's room for much greatness.

I also think of an old saying: charity begins at home. We each need to take care of our home - home country, home neighborhood, and our personal lives.

In fact, many European pro-freedom leaders are thrilled at Trump's victory.


More on Trump's core point: protecting Americans. I remember being against the 1989 Free Trade Agreement between Canada and the US, and even more against the 1994 trilateral agreement (Canada, the US, and Mexico). Canada had tariffs against many foreign products. These tariffs protected local jobs and the local standard of living. It made no sense to me to change that.

So I was hearing Trump say things I've always advocated: we must protect our own countries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular