Blog Archive

29 January 2016

This is why I hold on to Christ. Going back to Islam is not an option.”

 VIA  Open Doors:

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
“You are a kaffir (infidel)! You will die!”
The words rolled easily off the Somali’s tongue. Ahmed was very offended. When he lost his job and could no longer pay his rent, Mohammed had taken him in. Despite Mohammed’s kindness to him, Ahmed could not let his suspicions go.

One day, he went through Mohammed’s things and found an audio Bible in Mohammed’s room. He realized that Mohammed had become a follower of Isa (Jesus).

To Ahmed, this was a decision that deserved death.
Three nights after the initial discovery, Ahmed attacked Mohammed with a knife. “I saw nothing, just felt the sudden sharp pain to my head and felt the blood streaming down my neck.”

By the grace of God, neighbors came to his aid. Ahmed ran away and Mohammed was taken to hospital.

“Ahmed was my friend, someone I’ve known for a long time. I housed him when he had nowhere to go, and in return, I got this. It is very painful.”
When he met with Open Doors, Mohammed looked gaunt. His hair showed strands of grey and his brown eyes constantly scanned the surroundings for those with evil intent against him
.
But as hard as this has been, Mohammed has not given up his faith. “It is the only place where I have ever had inner peace. Despite the isolation and persecution, I am at peace.

This is why I hold on to Christ. Going back to Islam is not an option.”

*Representative names and photo to protect persecuted Christians

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular