Blog Archive

12 February 2016

The healing codes - evaluation of your life



A great post on evaluation of your life - from a post by   on an human development!

  ======================================

Self-Control

This one is an issue for almost everybody. We want to have self control and we have to have self control to accomplish just about anything in our life as far as success and healing. Here's the ironic part. The self control flows naturally out of giving up control.

It is doing what we want to do and what takes us toward love, and our goals, and our dreams, and our visions, and not doing the things that we shouldn't do that will keep us from those goals and dreams.

The virtue obviously is self-control but it can be either side. Self-control means balance. It doesn't mean what we think of when we normally think of self-control, which is, "OK, I'm going to pull myself up by my bootstraps and I'm going to " That's really not what it means.

 The healthier place is to give up control and go into trust, but there are things that we have to do and things that we don't do. The key is where is it flowing from? If it's flowing from the right place, which is truth and love and belief, and the power that comes from those things, then the self-control will be easy. It will flow; it will not be onerous or burdensome kind of thing. It will be natural and will feel right and will not be like pushing a rock up hill.

 However, if we are coming from a place of fear and believing untruths about our self and our world and our circumstances, then trying to have appropriate balance and self-control will be very difficult, and it will be like pushing a rock up hill and we'll usually push it so far up hill and that rock will roll back down the hill and it will roll over us right at the first on the way down. We will be frustrated and bloodied and bruised and our natural inclination will be, "Boy, I sure don't want to do that again." Self-control means balance, coming from a place of love and truth and belief.

The negative experiences are: laziness, entitlement, and helplessness.

The damaging actions: manipulation, deceit, giving up.

The limiting beliefs: I can't do it, I'm not capable, others should do it for me, and it's not fair.

The positive experiences: Quiet confidence.

The healthy actions are: positive actions empowered by truth and love and my calling in life.

The transforming beliefs are: I am capable. I can do it. I don't have to get others to do it for me. I have a say over my life.

Dr. Loyd comments on the two aspects of self-control: "Tracey, my wife, grew up believing, "I can't do it, and I'm not capable." I grew up more with the "others should do it for me," the entitlement. But both of those are paralyzing.

 So Tracey's natural tendency was to be a perfectionist out of that, to try to do it all perfectly in order to get love, even though she didn't believe that she could.
 I would tend to be lazy and try to get others to do it for me. But those are both manifestations of the same self-control problem, but the self-control itself is a symptom that tells what is going on in our life. 

That's coming out of believing the truth about myself and my life and my world and coming from a place of love, and joy, and peace, and truth. If I'm not doing self-control things in balance it means I'm coming from the place of fear and untruth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular