Blog Archive

07 December 2016

What are you trying to show me?

Here is a post from my 14 year old Grandson:

I'm about to share with you guys a series of messages that I sent to our team in the hobbit KoM ( a mobile game ) that I think everyone needs to hear. I edited them a little bit to try to make the message a bit more clear.
1.Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. 
If you are ever afraid that God has given you more than you can handle, don't be. Because with the spirit of the living God living inside of you, he has enabled you to pursue whatever his will is for your life. 
God allows storms to come our way throughout life, yet many times we worry if we will ever make it through them.
 Don't be anxious in the midst of the storm, he did send it your way and you need to trust that he will help you through it, but it is to teach you something. Trust that he will fulfill his promises as he always has.  He is with us throughout the storm and is replenishing our strength and will to keep fighting the good fight!

2. I wanted to add a little bit more to that last message. When Storms come our way, we do not need to freak out. We need to ask, "Where is God in all of this" and most importantly " Lord, what are you trying to show me? ". 
And even if we cannot find the light in the situation, we just need to bring to Him and say " Father, I am laying the problem in your hands, and even if it keeps getting worse, I will continue to offer my sacrifice of praise to you in this storm." And that there my friend, is one of the most important things to do. No matter what happens, even if you lose everything - like Job in the Old Testament, keep your eyes on God and trust that it is all still in his hands, continuously giving Him praise and thanking Him for anything you can, even if it's just for who He is. 
Hebrews 13:15 Therefor by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name.
3. Sometimes we just need to say " Lord, if a storm comes my way I will rely upon you! ". 
Because like a Father who loves his children enough to teach them a lesson when they do something wrong because he loves them, 
God will use hard times in our lives to teach us to trust him. However, I am not saying that if He has allowed some pretty hard times into your life; remember that He is not punishing you for something. 
4. Sometimes we need direction and God knows when those hard times are appropriate to teach you something.
Next time your life is pretty bad, just ask 
"Father, where are you in all of this?" 
"What are you trying to show me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular