Blog Archive

21 May 2018

Historical Background About the Nation of Israel


 
 
 
Andrew’s Live Bible Study Notes – 5/15/2018
Historical Background and the Fulfillment of Prophecy 
About the Nation of Israel
 
On Monday, May 14, 2018, the U.S. Embassy was moved to Jerusalem. 
The U.S. gave their stamp of approval that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
 We are seeing the fulfillment of prophecy.
 
I.
Fulfillment of Prophecy About the
Nation of Israel—Jeremiah 3
 
a.
The first part of Jeremiah 3 is a rebuke to the nation of Israel.
 Israel’s captivity was prophesied; if Israel forsook God, 
He would forsake them.
 
b.
Background of Jeremiah 3—Israel was split into two kingdoms during 
the days of Rehoboam, the son of Solomon: 
The northern ten tribes were called Israel and the
two southern tribes (of Judah and Benjamin) were called Judah.
 
c.
Judah had sinned worse than Israel. In the scripture passage, 
God issued an invitation to Israel to come back to their land.
 
d.
Jeremiah 3:12-16 KJV:
“Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say,
Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; 
and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am
merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for
ever. Only acknowledge thine iniquity,that thou hast transgressed 
against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways
to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, 
saith the LORD Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; 
for I am married unto you:
and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring
you to Zion: And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, 
which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in
those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.”
 
e.
Verse 16 is talking about the return of Israel from bondage and
the fulfillment of Israel becoming a nation.
 
f.
Jeremiah 3:17-18 KJV :
“At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the
LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the
 LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the 
imagination of their evil heart. In those days the house of Judah 
shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out
of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance 
unto your fathers.”
 
i.
This is prophesying that the nation of Israel and Judah will be combined.
 
ii.
Today the whole nation is called Israel.
 
iii.
Psalms 137: 5-7 KJV :
“If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand
forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the
roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.”
 
g.
Past U.S. Presidents have been saying they would move the U.S.
Embassy to Jerusalem since 1995. It has been twenty-three years. 
The official move has rejuvenated Israel, and it is the fulfillment of prophecy.
 
h.
God will bless those who bless and support Israel—Genesis 12:2-3 KJV:
“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curses thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
 
i.
Background on Palestine: Palestine is a name referring to an area and not a
people. There has never been a Palestinian state. 
There were only nomads living there.
 
j.
Matthew 24:32-35 KJV:
“Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is
yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, 
even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, 
till all these things be fulfilled.
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular