Blog Archive

16 October 2018

If and when?

 If and when?
 I was raised in South GA and Fla - we were taught to love God, become a good family member; then if and when we needed something to scope it out - then if it is reasonable, work for it!  Things are generally earned so that you will know how to appreciate it and use it. Not only to benefit yourself but to become a better neighbor! Therefore I learned to work for what I obtained or used!

 It has served me well. 
Just last week, my 16 year old grandson ask,
 " how did you handle Depression? " 
 I told him " I never went there! " because it is a dead end street and never gets you any thing worthwhile! Just brings trouble, pain and depression!

Applied the same with drinking, smoking and any of the sexual stuff in my life! 

It was thought about and considered as no real importance or benefit in my life!

Just never really gave it as much as the time of day in my life! I went thru High School and then the Navy - passed up direct sexual confrontations.  Got out went to college {never did frat parties or whatever wild parties} - Married just as got out of Navy and have been married for over 50 years  - we had and raised 4 sons - have 14 grandchildren.   
It was important to considered what is real importance and of benefit in my life!

Seek the best and live like you really want to show love in your life not self-centeredness!

 If you want something within reason, work for it! {You can too!}
Life is a choice  - not a jump in and follow some yoyo going the wrong way just for the fun of it!  Choose this day whom you follow - I chose the Lord Jesus Christ!

 Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular