Blog Archive

01 August 2022

 

 

Blog: My Unusual Road of Life....
by kerminator

1) Where are we going any way???

Tales of trips, and where I have been over the years. Then there is how did I get the Name " Kerminator? " Well, it was some years back when the Terminator movie was out! My first name Kermit; so when My youngest was 15; thus so when they Saw the movie - They said you are the Kerminator, and then it stuck and here I am world famous!! Here I am!

Date:   4/28/2005 8:27:04 PM   ( 17 y ) ... viewed 2012 times 

The whole thing started when I was a young 6 years old boy, my Grandmother, or  Mrs "O" as we called her, came to take me to Fla...


In a Studebaker car, which was about 500 miles, but what did i know just going on 6 ...
Well we spent the most time wondering thru south GA, this was before the Interstate System, [which was built for the military use done ya know] was built so it was two lane, with dirt roads and wooden bridges.....

The whole thing took a week i thought, in reality it was about twelve hours.... The worst part i thought was the rickety wooden bridge, where each car one at a time single lane drove on boards long ways about the width of the car....

Mrs "O"s car was a 47 Studebaker, and she told me it got 40 MPG.... Not bad, of course there was no A/C, had a radio but could only get about three stations on the way down, most of that was Hank Williams stuff....
Well we made it and so started my traveling career over the years...

Having spent over two million Air miles on aircraft, on every major airline and a many minor airlines.. Have flown most all type aircraft, have been Choppers and on Single engine, and of course, all of the various Jet Aircraft!

** When I was 12 our next door neighbor moved in from Texas and had a Beech craft Bonanza. So he invited me to come learn how to fly! So I learned how to take off and then how to line up and land! It was a valuable learning experience Thank You; Mr. Mason!

Spent many over a Million s of Auto Windshield miles! Both in the USA as well as driven several over seas, some of which were over Seas; never got around the driving on the wrong side of the road down very well...

Have done trains and buses from time to time.... Have been on all the major oceans of the world.... Crossed the big pond several times, and seen 25 countries, and from below the equator as well as over the Arctic twice!.

Gone thru all the major storms types, and lived to tell about it. Been on Subs, aircraft carriers, battleships, worked on semi-submersible drilling rigs, and many other type sea going ships. Have over a couple of Thousand Nautical miles at sea. From 160W to 70E Longitudes - From below the Equator to over the Arctic Circle!!

This is some of what I will discuss later, plus what happened along the way, Then there were some import people and so forth, who I saw, met, and or missed....

Stop back stay tuned... About for the trips of my life.
* BTW Save a seat for me....

This is a story very much like the format of the "cold water" blog by 9th body, based on personal experiences, just I started way back when, read both and you will have a good sense of what happens to people when they do things...

One thing you should learn is to Listen to my theme song,
" I Hope You Dance! "
by Lee Ann Womack!

It sets the purpose of life!

See ya - 4/28/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular