Blog Archive

02 December 2015

Müller's reasons


Lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and
He shall direct thy paths.' Prov. iii. 5, 6.
By the grace of God I do acknowledge the Lord in my ways, and in this thing in particular; I have therefore the comfortable assurance that He will direct my paths concerning this part of my
service, as to whether I shall be occupied in it or not.

Further: 'The integrity of the upright shall preserve them; but the perverseness of fools shall destroy
them.' Prov. xi. 3. By the grace of God I am upright in this business. My honest
purpose is to get glory to God. Therefore I expect to be guided aright.

 Further: 'Commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established.' Prov.
xvi. 3. I do commit my works unto the Lord, and therefore expect that my
thoughts will be established.--My heart is more and more coming to a calm,
quiet, and settled assurance, that the Lord will condescend to use me yet
further in the Orphan Work. Here, Lord, is Thy servant!"

Mr. Müller wrote down eight reasons against and eight reasons for
establishing another Orphan-House for Seven Hundred Orphans.

The following is his last reason for so doing:
"I am peaceful and happy, spiritually, in the prospect of enlarging the work as
on former occasions when I had to do so. This weighs particularly with me as
a reason for going forward. After all the calm, quiet, prayerful consideration of
the subject for about eight weeks, I am peaceful and happy, spiritually, in the
purpose of enlarging the field. This, after all the heart searching which I have
had, and the daily prayer to be kept from delusion and mistake in this thing,
and the betaking myself to the Word of God, would not be the case, I judge,
had not the Lord purposed to condescend to use me more than ever in this
service.
"I, therefore, on the ground of the objections answered, and these eight
reasons FOR enlarging the work, come to the conclusion that it is the will of
the blessed God, that His poor and most unworthy servant should yet more
extensively serve Him in this work, which he is quite willing to do."

"May 24.-- From the time that I began to write down the exercises of my mind
on Dec. 5th, 1850, till this day, ninety-two more Orphans have been applied
for, and seventy-eight were already waiting for admission before. But this
number increases rapidly as the work becomes more and more known.
"On the ground of what has been recorded above, I purpose to go forward in
this service, and to seek to build, to the praise and honour of the living God,
another Orphan-House, large enough to accommodate seven hundred
Orphans."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular